Have you ever thought about how much electricity you use, and possibly reducing your usage?
Think about this:
- The Wii Videogame System uses 18 Watts when in use, and 3 Watts when it's in sleep mode.
- A typical desktop computer with a 17" LCD (Flat-Panel) Monitor uses about 200 Watts.
- A 42" Plasma TV uses 270 Watts.
- A central air conditioner (2.5 tons) uses 3500 Watts.
- A clothes dryer uses 4400 Watts.
- Turning off, or putting your Desktop computer to sleep - rather than leaving it on all of the time, can save over $100/year.
- Switching from 100 Watt Light Bulbs to the equivalent fluorescents can save you over $200/year.
- Going solar can save hundreds per year as well! Be sure to check out all of our solar products.
If you're really interested in learning how much energy you use, you can measure it with this $20 device:
It's called the Kill A Watt Electricity Usage Monitor, and it will not only calculate your electrical use, but empower you to save hundreds on your electric bills!
Here's to saving energy and enjoying life,